SSE Airtricity is Ireland’s fastest-growing energy utility and part of the FTSE Top-50 listed SSE Group, the broadest-based energy company in Ireland and the UK.
SSE Airtricity is Ireland’s second largest and greenest energy provider supplying greener electricity and natural gas to over 800,000 homes and businesses on the island.
SSE Airtricity is powered by SSE with renewable energy from the largest wind generation portfolio on the island of Ireland. Over 500MW of renewable energy from 25 wind farms powers SSE Airtricity’s greener electricity supply – including power from one of Ireland’s largest wind farms, the 84MW Meentycat Wind Farm in Co. Donegal.
That’s why we’re Ireland’s greenest home energy provider – half the energy we supply is from renewable sources and we provide more renewable electricity to home energy customers than any other supplier†.
Proud to make a difference across Ireland:
In the six years since SSE’s acquisition of renewable energy generator and commercial energy supplier Airtricity, SSE has invested €2 billion in growing our business here. We’re proud to make a difference across Ireland.
- We’ve invested €2 billion, or around €1 million a day, in delivering a greener energy infrastructure in Ireland including a 460MW CCGT (combined cycle gas turbine) currently under construction at Great Island, Co. Wexford which will significantly decarbonise generation on the island.
- We employ over 1,500 people across the island doing everything from helping customers with questions about their bills to generating clean green renewable energy.
- We’ve brought energy savings totalling over €80 million so far to our customers.
- We’re bringing award-winning digital customer service across PC, mobile and app technology that means 55% of all our customer service interactions are now made online.
- We’re generating over 500MW of renewable energy, powering almost 300,000 homes.
- We’ve broadened our operations to enter the energy services market providing expert gas boiler servicing, repair and installation solutions to all domestic and commercial customers.
- We’re keeping communities safe by maintaining 250,000 street lights, around two thirds of all public lighting in Ireland; and
- We’ve invested over €3 million so far into local communities from our community funds, supporting over 1,500 projects that are transforming schools, communities and sports clubs around our wind farms.